You will need:
- Aftercare ointment. I recommend Ohana Organics, but you can use another brand. It needs to be mild and unscented.
- Sunblock of at least 30spf (after it heals)
How to take care of your new tattoo:
1. Keep your tattoo wrapped with the second skin and make sure the tattoo area is covered sealed.
2. Blood, plasma and ink would appear in between your skin and the second skin, sometimes even as a bubble full of it. This is completely normal. Just leave it do its thing. You could drain it with a needle, but I'd recommend leaving it alone until is time to unwrap.
3. Make sure the edges of the wrap are covering the tattoo completely and is not any wrinkles or openings where the water could come in when taking showers.
4. If some of the second skin start peeling and some of the tattooed skin is showing, please remove the whole thing and follow this instructions.
4. Leave the second skin for 3 to 7 days.
5. Take the second skin off in the shower, with some soapy water and patiently pull away toward the sides of the wrap, instead of pulling it up. This way the second skin will detach slowly. It may hurt, but is not going to damage the tattoo.
6. Apply aftercare ointment as needed, it doesn't have to be a thick layer over the skin, it can be settle. Just when you feel the tattoo is dry or itchy. Continue applying until the skin goes back to normal (between 3 weeks and 5 weeks)
*Tattoo should peel soon after you remove the wrap, it vary depending on the person and how long you kept the wrap on. DO NOT PICK AT YOUR TATTOO!!! Let the skin fall off naturally. If you washed the tattoo well and kept it wrapped like stated above, you should not form a scab.
*REMEMBER: Getting a tattoo is an invasive procedure, and a tattoo is a fresh wound! Always wash your hands before touching it during the healing process, and don't let others touch it!
*AVOID direct sunlight on your tattoo for 4-6 weeks. You should always wear sunblock on your tattoo (after it has healed) for the rest of your life. SUN DAMAGES TATTOO PIGMENT AND WILL DEGRADE YOUR ART!